Interior designing is the process of beautifying and making the inner space of a residential or commercial property functional and safe to achieve an aesthetically pleasing environment for the people using the space.
Interior designing majorly includes choosing colour schemes, arranging furniture, planning space, lighting, etc.
Purpose/Benefits of Interior Designing
The major purpose of interior designing is to enhance the functionality & safety of the space and make it look aesthetically pleasing. There are several other commercial as well as residential purposes of doing interior designing. Let’s discuss them one by one.
1. Functionality: One of the major purposes behind interior designing is to use the space efficiently and make it as functional as it can be. Interior designers use their experience and skills to design spaces that are easy to manage & use for the people who will be using the space.
2. Aesthetics: Another major reason why people prefer designing the interior is to make it look visually appealing and reflect their personality and style. An aesthetic interior creates an attractive and soothing vibe that invites appreciation and positivity.
3. Branding and identity: Branding and identity is one of the major purposes of commercial spaces. The aim of the brands is to design a space that reflects the brand and identity of the business using brand colours, field of work, etc.
4. Sustainability: This is another major purpose of interior designing nowadays. Interior designers are actively adding sustainable design principles into their projects, such as using energy-efficient lighting, using eco-friendly materials, and designing spaces that encourage healthy living.
5. Safety: Interior designers make sure the space is designed in a way that it is safe for the people who will be using it. Ensuring fire safety, and other necessary things that makes the space a safer place for different groups of people like kids, adults and old to live.
Elements Included in Interior Designing
Interior designing includes many things from colour schemes to arrangement of furniture. Let’s walk through the major elements included in interior designing one by one.
1. Colour Scheme: Colour scheme is basically the colours used in designing a space. It includes paint colours, fabrics, colours of decorative items, etc. A perfect combination of colour is used while designing a space to create an environment that looks aesthetic and reflects the personality of people using them.
2. Lighting: Lighting is a very important element of interior designing. It includes the selection and placement of light fixtures as well as using the natural light in the best way possible to create a comfortable and visually appealing environment.
3. Furniture: Arranging furniture in the best possible way to make the space more functional, manageable and visually appealing is a very important element of interior designing. It includes everything from selecting the furniture for a space to arranging it.
4. Accessories: It includes the use of decorative items, such as artwork, plants, and accents, to beautify and change the vibe of the space.
5. Space Planning: Space planning is one of the key elements of interior designing. It includes the arrangement of furniture and decor to optimise the use of space, traffic flow, and overall functionality of the room.
6. Flooring: The selection of flooring materials like tile, wood, and carpet, to create a cohesive look and feel throughout the space is another key element of interior designing.
I hope this article has been very very helpful for you, and you have understood what Interior Designing is and how it can be helpful in making a space more functional, safe, comfy and aesthetic.